Cellphone Fix in Monroe, OH, knows how much of a headache it can be when your computer’s security is compromised. Because of this, they specialize in offering affordable virus removal and PC repair services. However, they want all their clients to be armed with the tools to protect themselves, so they’ve compiled a little list of things to look out for.
If you want your computer to be protected from hackers, knowing what vulnerabilities they look for is a great way to start. Here’s a list of five of the most common ways hackers access your data:
- Phishing Emails: One of the easiest ways hackers can access your personal data is by tricking you into handing it over yourself. Be wary of emails asking for personal information or sending you to another website.
- Social Networks: When surfing around on Twitter or Facebook, our guard is often down because we think we’re among friends, but guess what? It’s not true. Hackers often create fake profiles, which can lead users to harmful websites or to steal your personal information.
- Malware: Hackers love infiltrating your computer with malware to steal your personal data. The most common way this is done is through a bogus email attachment. Be wary of emails with attachments, especially from those you don’t know personally.
- Vulnerabilities: Your computer’s operating system isn’t perfect, and hackers will exploit all of its vulnerabilities to infiltrate it. Because of this, it’s important to regularly update your virus removal software, which will provide a defense to such weak points.
- Fake Software: Oftentimes, your computer can be infected by malware when you download new software. Before installing any new program onto your hard drive, make sure it’s legitimate by doing some research first.
For more helpful information, contact the virus removal experts from Cellphone Fix today at (513) 360-7520, or visit Monroe, OH’s experts online for a complete list of services.